manga: A-B C-F G-K L-N O-S T-Z | movies: A-C D-J K-R S-Z | toons: A-F G-P Q-Z | links | books: A-B C-F G-K L-N O-S T-Z | comics: A-C D-L M-S T-Z | software: A-L M-Z | stage | ads: A-L M-Z | legends | t.v.: A-B C-G H-O P-S T-Z | photography | words | media | fan characters | story | documentary | music videos | short films | update | ARed-links OA-links male-links yahoo group | timelapse | UC/CB | misc | videos | mail |A. Hyatt Verrill
A. Hyatt Verrill
- (multiple ARed to oblivion) "The Ultra-Elixir of Youth".
Amazing Stories Vol2 #05 8/17/1927 - (Jeffr_2bya)
A.E. Van Vogt
- (old age, AR?) "Masters of Time" 1942 novella. AKA "Recruiting Station", "Earth's Last Fortress". A mysterious man offers Norma Matheson a job. When she tries to escape, she finds that a machine used by Dr. Lell can control her mind, and even more, her age. He is a "Master of Time". In return for her cooperation, he will make her young again.
Adventures In Odyssey
- (male APed) Radio serial. 2 boys get stuck inside a computer, and meet a boy named Gregory, who despite looking like an old man of 70 was in fact 12, due to having had his life sucked away by playing computer games. Of course the entire adventure (along with Gregory) was just a virtual reality simulation.
age regression story archive
- (dedicated AR stories) - link
- (ARed TG monster disguised, RN) "Pumpkin Head" 1982. From horror anthology Terrors, Charles L. Grant.
3rd grader Raylee tells story about a boy named "Pumpkinhead" with an enormously oversized head and orange skin. Raylee is invited to a Halloween party later that night. She arrives dressed as a black cat and sneaks in quietly. The other kids demand that she finish her story. She is really scared, and begs not to. The kids taunt her, and she finally lets out a scream and agrees. Pumpkinhead's parents finally found a doctor who transformed his body, and used plastic to give him a new face. Raylee shocks everyone by revealing that the doctor changed Pumpkinhead into a little girl! She then tells them that his new face was only a mask, with the real Pumpkinhead inside just waiting for the chance to come out. Suddenly her voice changes, and her face begins to grow. Her head inflates to the size of a pumpkin, and her face explodes like a balloon, revealing the real Pumpkinhead. She keeps whispering that all he ever wanted was friends, and then takes out a butcher knife. The words "My lunch and dinner, my dinner and breakfast" are chanted, and the story ends with the basement filled with the screams of the children. (Dreamstalker)
Ambushed By Time
- (amnesia adult flash forward) Kaite O'Reilly radio drama, BBC Friday Night Theatre. Each morning when Katrin confronts the mirror she finds herself 20 years older than expected.
Amelia Reynolds Long
- (male AR, unseen RN, adult rejuv) "A Leak in the Fountain of Youth", 8/1936, Astounding Stories.
Brilliant biochemist invented serum to reverse the aging process. His old college chum shows up on the lam from the police in a case of mistaken identity. O'Flannigan offers to make him look 16 years old again.
Due to a miscalculation, Lindstrom is regressed to a baby, and O'Flannigan must hire nurse Miss McGillicuddy to look after him. When the police catch the real bank robber, O'Flannigan tries to fire McGillicuddy, but she is suspicious.
The man grows back undescribed in a moving vehicle.
"Instead of an equine forty-odd, Miss McGillicuddy was now a coltish twenty-one!"
- link part 01 - link part 02 - link part 03 - (Time, JeffR)
Anna grows up
- (CB) About a fast growing 11 y.o. girl - story
Antioch Review, The
- (adult rejuvenation) John Donald Kingsley? 1959, v.19, p99.
"...arthritis had started in her damaged bones.
"I want my looks back," she said to the mirror. The mutilated nerves and muscles of her face made a bitter uneven smile. No, she had never been good-looking. An ugly duckling, a poor little rich...
...her mouth, and looked at her beautiful even teeth. She had grown taller and straighter, her waist smaller, her bosom high and full. She raised her fingers to the clear bright skin of her face and throat.
"That can't be me," she said with a gasp...
"My clothes don't fit."
"And I will get you new clothes, and everything else you want."
In the mirror she saw him walk close behind her and pull off his gloves. She looked down in horror at the hands which wrapped..."
Arnaud, petit a petit...
- (dedicated male AR) Nora Aiko, 2014, $8.84, 31 pages.
The first french EBook featuring an AR change. Part01: About a mature man with an 18 y.o. girl who wants to regress him more and more.
- Purchase link - (Aikotgar)
B. J. Hollars
- (AP flash forward CBed) "Two Unlikely Stories" AKA "An Odd-Looking Catfish" The Summerset Review, 2005
"His daughter, who disappeared at age nine, was found ten years later, living inside a leather boot he had reeled in from the bottom of the Ticonderoga River.
He stares down into the hole, and sees a thin, pale hand reaching up. He jumps back, startled, then carefully peers into the hole once more. Alvin reaches for the hand, touches the cold, hard flesh, and pulls gently. And somehow ... his daughter comes sliding out, wearing the exact clothing she was wearing the last time he saw her, ten years earlier, before she ran away and never came back. Her clothes are tattered now, ripped by her growth spurts, dingy and moist and moldy from the years spent underwater.
Abigail ... Abby? he murmurs, unable to grasp the idea that his forgotten offspring could somehow be in front of him, could somehow be alive and breathing and ...
She coughs, says she needs some water, fast, and having forgotten his canteen, he has nothing to offer her.
... this was your room. You remember, Abby? You remember when we lived here together? I ... I didn't touch a thing, didn't touch a damn thing. It's all as it was when you left it. Abby smiles, still dripping from her tattered clothing. You didn't change a thing, Daddy?
That night, as they went into their respective rooms for the night's rest, Alvin finds himself in a dilemma, not quite sure if girls Abby's age still need a kiss before bed, if they still need to be tucked in, a light flicked off.
Alvin glances at his daughter, noticing for the first time just how beautiful she has become, as if the ten years inside the boot had fermented her, changed her from a good beer to a great wine, metallic in taste, bitter and natural all at the same time."
B. Sridhar Rao, M.D.
- (age reverse story) "Victims of Time", 07/30/1968, International Science Fiction magazine, Galaxy Publishing - (Jeffr_2bya)
Barrel Fever: Stories and Essays
- (adult CB concept) David Sedaris, 1994.
The editor of Giantess called to say he'd received my letter and thinks I might have potential.
"I liked your story, Dave, but for Giantess you'll need to drop the silly business and get straight to the turn-on, if you know what I mean. Do you understand what I'm talking about here, Dave?" Hank told me his readers are interested in women ranging anywhere from ten to seventy-five feet tall, and take their greatest delight in the physical description of a giantess outgrowing her clothing.
"I need to hear those clothes splitting apart. Do you think you can do that for me?"
It seemed to be something I might be capable of... I took a walk to the grocery store, wondering what might cause a woman to grow to such proportions. I think it must be terribly lonely to stand seventy-five feet tall...
- (age stasis, mental AR) "Start the Clock" 2004. A virus that caused humans to stop aging struck the Earth 30 years ago, confining the protagonist in a 9 year old body. Characters who are physically children tend to act like children with 30 years of extra experience. The protagonist meets a girl who is mentally the same age as she is physically, having been infected at age 2, and having been administered a cure to allow her to age naturally.
- (age stasis) "Start the Clock".
One day everyone on Earth stops aging, and remains at whatever age they were at that time... little kids have it the best because their brains stay in the "good at learning" state, and they've gotten the same rights as adults. Anyone going through puberty got the worst deal, since it just keeps going, deforming them and giving them health problems. Infants tend to get cybernetics, and are scary and powerful. Eventually treatments to allow people to continue to age are developed.
Benno and Some of the Push
- (UC scenes, coming of age) Edward Dyson short story collection, 1911. Teen girls have outgrown their clothes.
"She came to the flat fresh from the country, a tall, bony girl of sixteen, very angular, all legs ... with strangely obtrusive feet, large freckles, and a face like that of a patient horse. At this time, too, Susie Gannon's apparel was markedly inadequate. She had grown out of everything, and the abruptness of her skirts, and the strain upon her jackets, and the brevity of her sleeves, showed how her parents had been distanced in their well-meant efforts to keep pace with their daughter's startling development. The whole effect made an irresistible appeal to the strong sense of humour in the women..., and Susie provoked much merriment for many days. "Blime, she looks like a shillin' ling wrapped in a penny stamp!"
"Thripny was going on sixteen, too tall for her age and her width and her wearing apparel. Her shins were so thin they seemed to have a cutting edge, and there was too much of them visible, although the frayed, stained and faded skirt was let down so far in the hope of covering the deficiency that a wide gap existed between it and the skimpy body part of her costume, where a quantity of dun-coloured underclothing protruded. Her arms, too, were long and thin; so was her neck. The long, thin arms came far out of her tight sleeves, always worn at the elbow and torn in the armpit."
"Jinny wore a bit of stale red ribbon awkwardly knotted in the middle of her swan-like neck, but she was not a girl who put forth any pretensions to style. Her boots were heelless, and their symmetry had been destroyed by bigger feet. Her stockings had many holes. 'Thripny looks ez if she was painted on elastic, 'n' then stretched,' said the packer. The description was apt."
Best of Fritz Leiber
- (type of age change) 1974.
Not really sword and sorcery, more science fantasy and straight sci-fi stories.
- (Steven Warfield) ln - th
Boy Who Drew Cats and Other Japanese Fairy Tales, The (book)
- (male rejuv) Lafcadio Hearn, 1998. "The Fountain of Youth".
A poor woodcutter finds the Fountain of Youth - (Jeffr_2bya) ln - th
- (adult to OA, rejuv,..) "Waiting for Yesterday".
From the book: "World of Darkness: Truth Until Paradox", 1994.
- P150. A woman uses magic, but it backfires on her and makes her older. At the end she regresses.
- (Brat) ln - th
- (dedicated male TFed) "Growth Spurt" 2011, $1.50.
What happens when a Mother wishes her son were a bigger man? He has a growth spurt.
- Download link
- (AR, OA'd) "The Night That All Time Broke Out", 1967.
Fifi and Tracy are having time gas installed in their home. This gives you the abiltity to mentally relive any period of your life, depending on the amount of gas inhaled. After the workers leave, they set it to a "more bedroomy" time period, and become intimate. However, something goes wrong, and they begin to mentally age backwards. They make a call, and find out there has been a huge leak at the time mains. After they get off the phone, the now virgin Fifi suggests they go down and try to find out what really happened. They continue to regress backwards, and shortly become infants again. After jumping back to the previous generation as old people, they reach the time gas main, and discover that the leak is much bigger then they had first feared. As the generations roll backwards, they finally become cave men and women, and go off to find food and fashion weapons.
- "The Greenhouse" cover
- (coming of age, dream sequence) "The Greenhouse" 1984. Girl left alone in greenhouse experiences awakening.
"Her breasts seemed to take shape and swell... Sara took gentle hold of a honeysuckle flower, grown large as a lily, by the throat and neck of its long corolla and brushed its anthers and stigma against the pink buds of her chest, dusting them with pollen. They expanded and stiffened and tingled with such an intensity and sublime pleasure she felt that at any moment they would surely burst open."
- (male adult age stasis/rejuved) "The Little Magic Shop", Crystal Express book, 1989. P228.
A young man gets waters from the fountain of youth to keep him young - (Brat)
C. L. Moore
- (backwards life) "The Code", 7/1945 Astounding. Writing as Lawrence O'Donnell.
Part of the surprisingly popular life-in-reverse subgenre.
- (male AR) "Portraits in Moonlight" book & first story, 1964.
Hard boss Clarkson buys painting from black sidewalk artist. The painting is 'Youth'. The painter tells Clarkson to put the picture in the moonlight. Clarkson eventually disappears after growing progressively younger. A story like this appears in one of EC Comics Weird Fantasy issues. ln - th
- (excellent AP time-lapse flash forward story, BE, height growth, puberty transformations, UC tightening scenes)
University of North Carolina, 1948. Story title is not known. It may be Winters Tale by Daniel B Marin. In several scenes, the reaction of the clothes to the growth was described. Important notice: story appears to be fictional. Google destroyed access to the text and all identifying information.
Tragically only a small portion of the AP text could be extracted:
... ...Danton decided early in this project to keep the clothing and the setting as plain and consistent as possible. He didn't want any period costumes, so to speak. The baby wears a diaper without a shirt so that we can see her growth...
... ...first year would have amazed us. You can literally see the child's growth here, but because she is sleeping, we are missing the internal growth which a conscious child is already able to show at this age. Danton knew that, but the child wasn't able to conform to the needs of the camera yet - when she...
... ...have meanwhile lost what may be the most profound part of the growth of the child. Danton can't be faulted for that, I think. What he did is considerable as it is.
The child grew, her face becoming discernibly more intelligent even in sleep. ...
... ...On the screen the child continued sleeping, growing, but suddenly her eyes were open, her mouth in a smile - both mouth and eyes very irregular in their motion. Just as suddenly the child was no longer in bed, but standing in the back yard, still with a nervous time-lapse twitch.
"The girl is about 3 here. The format you see now is the one Danton...
... ...The professor stopped talking and watched. The little girl was beginning to accumulate clothes again. She had worn only shorts in the summer. Her hair was growing down past her waist when it was trimmed back and began growing again. Beginning with 1924, Elizabeth's hair was cut once a year. In 1925...
... ...permanent smile wavered slightly as her hair grew, her face thinned and grew slightly longer. The hair kept growing, the leaves darkened with the summer's progress, the grass leaped in weekly pulses of growth and cutting, flowers exploded here and there in the flowerbeds, then faded like...
... ...again. The professor broke free from his envelopment when the audience laughed - not maliciously, he was happy to note - when, in the summer of 1929, after a flash of her in shorts only, the girl appeared wearing both pieces of a two-piece bathing suit.
Even that early glimpse quieted the talking in the back, but a little wave...
... ...according to Danton," the professor informed the class, but their interests were caught by the revelation of winter's physical growth evident in the first bathing suit pictures of 1932. The girl's body was blossoming, and the class was hushed in expectation. Her bathing suit tightened top and...
... ...waves almost imperceptibly developed in the girl's long hair. Her face broke out in places.
"Zits!" came a voice from the rear. The crowd laughed again.
A little comic relief, the professor assured himself. As long as it didn't get out of hand, he ought to show some forbearance. ...
... ..."This is, 'make Momma get in the picture'"
The girl's face matured, her skin grew smooth and rich, her eyelashes appeared to be artificially darkened, but were not. By 1936 the girl was a beautiful young woman.
When summer of 1936 came around, the young woman's hair was cut...
... ...being photographed several times a day meant to the girl. She had not been apart from her parents one day in sixteen years. She had not been allowed to vary her personal appearance to any significant extent in that same time. Her harness is beginning to chafe a bit.
1937 was now on the screen and a subtle change appeared in the young...
... ...accomplishing, however, and the professor simply let his students marvel at the grace they saw. But the young woman's determined look shaded back into unhidden melancholy, and she stood motionless for most of 1939. Early in 1940 her determination seemed restored. ...
Following text appears to be part of different stories:
... ...Alone in her bed at school, the morning sunlight falling wrinkled on the floor beside her, she amused herself with the words written on her body. Her growing had stretched and distorted the letters. The U branded on the..."
... ...Ellery noticed how the glistening flesh of her pubescent breasts bulged in the binding of her outgrown white blouse. As he watched, and absently wondered at the mystery of her growth, she ... wrapped her hands around her knees so that the flesh bulged even more. Then, oblivious to...
... ...low across the tops of her breasts. ... her dress was pulled tight across her thighs and Mr. Ollie could see down...
- (AP UC glimpse, girl to teenager rapid age increase growth metamorphosis event)
The horses are loose, short story included in 2008 book "Who Can Save Us Now?: Brand-new Superheroes and Their Amazing (Short) Stories" By Owen King, John McNally, Chris Burnham. With mutations stranger than the X-Men and with even more baggage than the Hulk, this next generation of superheroes is a far cry from your run-of-the-mill caped crusader.
- A little-girl protagonist is born with the knowledge that she has the power to fly, but can only use this power once. She's saving it for a grand plan that she hopes will save her single, clinically depressed mother from a lifetime of misery.
- Page 54:
"Summer has on jeans and a sequined T-shirt that her mother gave her for Christmas, but no jacket, thinking it would slow her down, and now she's cold.
Can she afford to fly a little longer? She'll risk it.
Why can't she fly whenever she wants, or use her power some other way, again and again?
The knowing was part of her earliest life. She remembers hearing her mother and father arguing, and thinking, I could use it now, but she didn't.
She kicks of her shoes. Carefully, she buzzes the surface with her bare feet.
Thunderstruck, she realizes she has never asked a single person if they, too, might have power.
Summer hurries back to town through gathering fog...
At last the fog blows away, and Main Street stretches before her like a brilliant runway.
But Summer doesn't want to stop flying.
Closer, closer she comes, not fifty feet above the heads of the celebrants, yet nobody looks up.
By the time she rights herself, she feels her flight power waning.
She lands in somebody's front yard, with a hard somersault, and rolls to a stop.
Nobody saw her land. Nobody sees her as she picks herself up and runs toward the lights, swaying on legs that feel unfamiliar. Her shirt strains under her arms, and her jeans ride up above her ankles. She has grown inches and inches; she is almost a woman in her height. The sky stretched her out. Her bare feet scrape against the rough street.
Summer runs as fast as she can, shedding sequins, but to the old lady in mink and corsage, there is nothing special about panting, breathless Summer Godbolt.
When Abigail reaches toward her, Summer grabs her hand. "Save my mother!"
If she had landed in time, her words would have been persuasive, irresistible. But Abigail Paylor frowns; her brow beetles. She could have Summer arrested.
A scream is coming, or a telling-off.
"Happy New Year!" Summer yells at her, and escapes at a dead run.
She bumps into somebody. It's Fernando, with Luis beside him.
Luis says, " I took my shoes off, too." His sneakers dangle from his wrist.
Her mother will never know what her life might have been like if that rogue gust of wind hadn't come along. Summer has got to get her mother to eat, get dressed, and get out into the world. She doesn't know how she'll do that, only that she will, now that she's almost grown. Already she sees that her plan was a child's scheme. For the rest of her life, she'll think of other ways she could have used her power, if she hadn't squandered it..."
- (coming of age story, CB, dream sequences) "An Impression of Flowers"
"Etta is aware of her clothes tightening. The stitches in her jersey are pulling sideways, opening almond-shaped slits. Behind them is her skin. She will have to mention this soon. They let the air through, especially at night, when she goes walking."
"She is in the field. A button pops off her blouse and is lost in the grass; she does not stop to find it. She goes to the stream. She stands on the bank and dips one foot into the water. The stream has swollen, she thinks. Under the water her foot is luminous. She steps from the bank, pulls off her skirt. She stands thigh-deep in water. Her legs are made of moon. The water flows between them. She smiles. Another button pops from her blouse, and another. They sink and become stones. She has no need for stones. Her blouse crumbles from her shoulders and dissolves. She inches down into the water, into the bed of the stream."
Chameleon Corps and Other Shape Changers, The
- (TF) "Subject to Change" short story. A kleptomaniac actress finds a way to really live her parts.
Changed into a little girl: Two strange tales of transgender age regression (collection)
- (dedicated male AR & TG) Mindi Flyth, 2014, 8,300 words.
Could anything be more humiliating for a man than being transformed into a little girl? To lose his power, prestige, and very manhood? To start over as a tiny, helpless girl young enough to be his own daughter? 2 dark fantasy tales take us inside the minds of men who refuse to accept the cute little girls in the mirror. We know their frustration as the world refuses to treat them like the adult men they feel inside. And we know their desperation as the truth begins to sink in that they may never be men again.
- "Big Words":
Ethan was changed into a 6 y.o. blonde by a lab accident and struggles to cope with his changing role in his family and increasingly childish behavior.
Arrogant man Vern learns that if you cheat on your witch of a wife, she may do something far worse than divorce you. She may just transform you into the daughter she's always wanted.
- Purchase link $2.99.
Changed into a Little Girl: Two Strange Tales of Transgender Age Regression
- (dedicated TG AR collection?) 2014, Mindi Flyth, Kindle Store.
Chester S. Geier
- (AR) "The Children" p.279.
From "The Random House Book of Science Fiction Stories", 1997.
A group of colonists land on a planet that has an ore that regresses them.
- (Brat) ln - th
- (male FB ARed) "National Lampoon" magazine, May-June 1987 novella: "They Do Things".
A man finds himself back in his past at 10 years old, in the body he had at the time.
- He checked himself out in the mirror. He was a kid. He was himself at ten!
His notebook, in his lap, lifted slowly. Moran looked down in disbelief. It wasn't a big hard-on, obviously, but it was youthfully exuberant and boyishly intense - shockingly so, in fact. He hadn't known whether, at age ten, he COULD even get one; thinking back, he seemed to remember discovering masturbation a year or so after this.
With whom, for instance, would he find companionship? Kids? Kids were boring! They didn't know anything. They couldn't talk politics, experience psychological insights, even understand his jokes. The children around him would gradually turn to randy, zitty teenagers, like his brother and then puerile college students thinking they knew it all. And anyway, kids turned out to like his company no more than he liked theirs - at school, they sensed his differentness, watched him warily, avoided him.
Christian A. Larsen
- (male AR or AP?) - "724".
c2012, no data could be found. Something about a male age anomaly? Linnie saw something about Owen was strange? ...from baby to eighty plus years old in a day... [and/or back]?
Christmas Pudding (Sebtomato's Exclusive Age Regression Stories)
- (dedicated AR story) Sebtomato, 2013.
Parkdale's brand new 13,800 word short story is out just in time for Christmas and available on Amazon.
- Purchase Link and free sample.
- (possible AS/rejuv?) "The Secret of Perpetual Youth" 1924 - (Jeffr_2bya) ln - th
Clifford D. Simak
- (mental reversion) "Second Childhood", Galaxy, 2/1951.
Purely a mental AR Story about an immortal who wants to regress - (Jeffr_2bya)
Clorinda Walks in Heaven: Tales
- (AR) Alfred Edgar Coppard book, 1922.
"The Elixir of Youth" - A man asks for the elixir of youth. But an acquaintance, to whom he had offered a sip, drinks it all up and disappears - (JeffR)
Comic Geek Speak
- (ARed audio story) 62 year old woman has regressed and has the choice to live life over again, or to return to normal. Podcast story with some AR
- (unseen AA AP) "The Dead Lady of Clown Town", 1964,
- "Instrumentality of Mankind" future history. D'joan (later Joan) is force-grown from age 5 to age 16 in one night.
"As the child passed Elaine she tried to stay awake. She murmured, "Make me bigger. Please make me bigger. Right away."
"I don't know how . . ." said Elaine.
The child struggled to full awakening. "I'll have work to do. ... It will all be wasted if I am this little. Make me bigger."
"You need a pod. And a jelly bath. And narcotics, because it will hurt. Four hours."
On the actual stage the actors cannot do much with the scene of the interlude, where Joan was cooked in a single night from the size of a child five years old to the tallness of a miss of fifteen or sixteen. The biological machine did work well, though at the risk of her life. It made her into a vital, robust young person, without changing her mind at all. This is hard for any actress to portray. The storyboxes have the advantage. They can show the machine with all sorts of improvements-flashing lights, bits of lightning, mysterious rays. Actually, it looked like a bathtub full of boiling brown jelly, completely covering Joan.
Even as she asked herself the question, Elaine knew the answer. It was Joan, grown, only half a head less tall than the Lady Panc Ashash or herself. It was a new Joan, powerful, happy, and quiet; but it was all the dear little old D'joan too."
- (dedicated TG adult rejuv) - "2 TG Age Regression Stories Bundle: For The Better!", 2016.
- (AR?) "This Way to the Regress", 1956.
AKA "Backward, O Time" - (JeffR_2bya)
- (backwards life) "Fortyday", 5/1994, Asimov's.
- (reverse lifespan to oblivion) "Fortyday", 1994.
Set in an alternate Roman Empire, where all organisms start growing physically younger again at around half their lifespan - (TBTC)
- (male AR) From the book "Coopers Hollow: Tales from Just Beyond the Edge of the Ordinary"
Includes the tale "Jilted Wife Commits Perfect Crime!", involving a watch that can age/deage male people: SPURNED WIFE DROWNS HUSBAND IN FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH (nothing graphic).
- link - (Entropic)
- (male TF CBed) "Kidzilla", from "The Psychozone: Kidzilla and Other Tales" , 1997 short story collection - cover - (Process)
- (GTS) Non-fiction essay about trying to write erotica for a Giantess Fetish magazine for money. He ponders the more mundane aspects of being a giant that tends to get glossed over in such works. How would they find enough food to eat? Wouldn't it be lonely? Wouldn't a bowel movement evacuate an entire city?
- (coming of age) "We Three"
2 brothers and their sister gifted with immensely far-reaching psionic powers kill the entire human race. They beget a baby via Brother Sister Incest - and the baby, still in utero, proves to be stronger that they three combined. There's a strong possibility that the baby is a hermaphrodite, so it won't need the three protagonists after birth...
Dean Wesley Smith
- (travel into younger adult self) "The Gift of a Dream", 2001.
Nursing home residents Brian Saber and Kendra were thrown back into their younger bodies to fight evil aliens in a space opera world. At top speeds, Trans-Galactic flight regressed a human body, so for quick T-G jumps to the outer limits of the Earth Protection League borders, they had to use old people to start.
- (AR?) "The Dial Volume 8" - 1898, Francis Fisher Browne - (Jeffr_2bya)
- (FF) years
- (male FF) - illustrated comics story - arcade years
- (AP CB) From 'The Time Machine' 1954 short story, Italy:
"The present writer was there that day and he observed a group of children playing with a ball. "How old are you?" I asked the oldest one. "Last month I was 10," she answered politely, but with exagerated slowness. And their way of running was strange: all soft, viscous movements, like a film shot in slow motion. Even the ball had less bounce for them. Beyond the fence were the lawns and paths of a garden; the barrier surrounding the buildings began at about 50 meters. A breeze moved the leaves in the trees, yet languidly, it seemed, as if they were leaden.
Suddenly, about 3 in the afternoon, the remote hum of the antenna grew more intense and rose like a siren, an unbearable piercing whistle. I will never forget what happened. Even today, at a distance of years, I awake in the dead of night with a start, confronting that horrible vision.
Before my eyes the 4 children stretched monstrously. I saw them grow, fatten, become adults. Beards sprouted from male chins. Transformed this way and half naked, their childhood clothes having split under the pressure of lightning growth, they were seized with terror. They opened their mouths to speak, but what came out was a strange noise I had never heard before. In the vortex of unleashed time, the syllables all ran together, like a record player at a higher, mad speed. That gurgling quickly turned into a wheeze, then a desperate shout.
The 4 children looked around for help, saw us and rushed toward the railing. But life burned inside them; at the railing, a matter of 7 or 8 seconds, 4 old people arrived, with white hair and beards, flaccid and bony. One managed to seize the fence with his skeletal hands. He collapsed at once, together with his companions. They were dead. And the decrepit bodies of those poor children immediately gave of a foul odor. They were decomposing, flesh fell away, bones appeared, even the bones--before my very eyes--dissolved into a whitish dust.
Only then did the fatal scream of the machine subside and finally fall silent."
- (old age) "The Falling Girl" 1966 Italy.
At dusk 19-year-old Marta begins the plunge from a skyscraper and finally reaches the bottom early the next morning. Time is dually manipulated here: the prolonged length of her fall and her accelerated aging. Marta does not seem to be aware of the acceleration of her age during her flight. "An old woman," the wife answered. "A decrepit old woman. She looked frightened." "It's always like that," the man muttered. "At these low floors only falling old women pass by. You can see beautiful girls from the hundred-and fiftieth floor up. Those apartments don't cost so much for nothing."
Do The Time Warp!
- (FF AA BE) '09-10 comic strip timelines.
Thundercake orders you to draw your past self and your present self together.
The artist usually includes a short description of each stage of her life.
- 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24
- 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29
Don't eat your dinner
- (male AP story, CB, flash forward) story male AP
Donald A. Wollheim
- (male AR TG) 1969 "The Feminine Fraction" in "Two Dozen Dragon's Eggs". Nazi experiments cause a man to melt away, leaving only a baby girl.
- (male adult mentally infantilized) "Me and Miss Mandible", 1964, collection: "Come Back, Dr. Caligari".
A 35 y.o. man is placed by some inexplicable error in a 6th-grade class. He is attracted to the teacher, but distracted by precocious female student Sue Ann Brownley, who viciously kicks his ankle. Although between eleven and eleven-and-a-half she is clearly a woman, with a woman's disguised aggression and a woman's peculiar contradictions. He finds the classroom a refuge from the demands of adult life. At the end, Sue Ann discovers the narrator having sex with Miss Mandible, who is consequently "ruined but fulfilled."
Miss Mandible wants to make love to me but she hesitates because I am officially a child; I am, according to the records, according to the gradebook on her desk... - (TBTC)
- (TF) "The Wonderful Dog Suit", short story in "Shape Shifters" anthology. Moral: Don't give your brilliant child a dog suit as a present.
Dreaming Again: thirty-five new stories celebrating the wild side of...
- (growing, shrinking, age forms BE, age stasis) - Jack Dann.
- p429: Like me, you do not age. I claim you as one of our own."
They lay together in the sand, loving and sleeping and loving.
Oisin slept dreamlessly... Niamh was running to him from the waves, but this was a different Niamh.
Her body was strangely altered-her skin had turned a golden brown. She was shorter and rounder, narrower across the chest, and her breasts were as flat as a young girl's.
As she approached, she changed once more, becoming slimmer and taller, her chest-wall arching out and her breasts growing larger. She lay by his side-now restored to the form he already knew so well-laughing and wriggling against him.
"Fifty years is nothing," she said... She grew taller-just slightly, the merest use of her powers. Then they were equally tall. "You can change and grow many times. You can lead many kinds of life...
- (male adult growth UC, male size changes OC) St. John's College (University of Cambridge)
"The Strange Case of Hubert McGiggis"
I broke a piece of the edge of the huge fungus, and very cautiously began to nibble at it. In an amazingly short time I felt my clothes getting very tight, and I only ran round to the other side and took another nibble of the mushroom just in time to prevent something giving way. I was now my normal size again.
I had always before looked upon "Alice in Wonderland" as a piece of fiction; now I had no doubt of the truth of at least one incident in the book.
I ... took a large bite of the opposite side of the mushroom to that which I had first tried.
I suddenly found myself in a very warm and large kind of bag, and felt not a little perturbed.
I found that it was composed of several layers of flannel and cloth.
...the mushroom had made me shrink, but not my clothes, and I was now imprisoned inside my own vest! I ought to have remembered that my clothes did not grow with me when I tried my first nibble of mushroom.
I struggled about among the grass till at last I found what seemed to me about four square yards of mushroom. I eagerly munched it, and was overjoyed to find myself once more a reasonable size. I put on my clothes with all speed, stuffed each pocket with mushroom ... and returned to my rooms.
- (AP accelerated growth, also old age) "Daddy" 1984.
Published in Anthology of Fantasy & The Supernatural, The Stephen Jones & David Sutton, 1994, Fantasy Tales magazine. A man meets a rapidly aging woman in a bar, and after sex she gives birth to herself. The baby rapidly grows to adulthood in a day. As of this time, no further data has been found. (theperv584, posted in the Process Forum)
Edgar Allan Poe
- (male adult aged) "A Descent Into the Maelstrom". The "old man" was prematurely aged by the horror.
- (age alterations) "Originally Human", "Cravings" anthology.
As a succubus, Molly needs to feed. It has been some time since she last fed, and therefore she is aging faster than her norm. Michael's attraction to Molly seems to go much deeper than appearances. Feeding Molly will bring her back to the age when she was first "turned".
- (time jumps) "Kronia", Conjunctions, Fall 2002.
Our child was born, died, grew old, walked for the first time. Sometimes your hair was gray, sometimes black.
- (AP) "My Body to You" (flash forward) A girl grows into womanhood during a single family dinner that spans 20 years.
F. Paul Wilson
- (adult mind transfer rejuvenated)
"Menage a Trois" in "Soft and Others: 16 Stories of Wonder and Dread"
- An elderly, crippled woman transfers her consciousness into a young woman who works for her. Also turned into a soft porn episode of "The Hunger"
F. Scott Fitzgerald
- (male reverse lifespan) "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" Colliers Magazine, 1922.
The hero is born "fully grown" at the end of his life, already capable of speech. He grows younger instead of aging, attending school as an old man, marrying in middle-age, succeeding at business as a young man and dying as an infant.
- When Benjamin turns 12, the Button family realizes he is aging backwards. At 18, Benjamin enrols in Yale but is sent home by officials, who think he is a 50 y.o. lunatic.
In 1880 at 20 he meets young Hildegarde Moncrief. Hildegarde mistakes Benjamin for a 50-year-old brother of Roger Button; she prefers older men and marries him six months later, but remains ignorant of his condition. Years later, Benjamin's business is successful but he tires of Hildegarde because her beauty has faded and she nags him. Bored at home, he enlists in the Spanish-American War in 1898 and achieves great triumph in the military, rising to lieutenant colonel.
In 1910, Benjamin, now looking like a 20-year-old, turns over control of his company to his son, Roscoe, and enrols at Harvard. In his first year he dominates in football and takes revenge against Yale for rejecting him. However, during his junior and senior years he becomes too weak to play football and is barely able to cope with the academic work.
After graduation he lives with Roscoe, who treats him sternly and forces Benjamin to call him "uncle." Benjamin ungrows from a moody teenager into a boy. Roscoe has a child of his own who attends kindergarten with Benjamin. After kindergarten, Benjamin loses his remaining memories to the point where he can only remember his nurse. Everything fades to darkness shortly after.
- "This story was inspired by a remark of Mark Twain's to the effect that it was a pity that the best part of life came at the beginning and the worst part at the end."
- (TBTC) ln - th
- (AA adult forms of teen heroines) - forms - forms
- (adult forms) - fan art
Famous Fantastic Mysteries
- (male adult rejuv or AR) Vol. IV #06 "Elixir of Hate" 10/30/1942.
A man grows younger and younger - (Jeffr_2bya)
fantasy curse (bad trend)
- (off-topic & inadequate AP story elements)
John Campbell, Analog 6, 1966: The distinction between fantasy and science fiction is that SF creates few new postulates, and explores their logical consequences. Fantasy makes up its rules as it goes along... "any time you need one!"
- The result is that fantasy AP depictions are invariably throw-away elements of little or no value, and the interesting implications are never explored.
... People who send children to the store after groceries should caution them not to eat on the way home. A little girl bought some yeast cakes at Mark Watson's the other day, and began to eat one, and before she got home, she had raised so that her clothes were altogether too small, and her mother had to bake her with a slipper before she could get them off ...
Fierce with reality (book)
- (AR) an anthology of literature on aging - Margaret Cruikshank, 2006.
A man's wife drinks from a magic spring too much and reduces back into a baby.
- (Jeffr_2bya) ln - th
Fifth Galaxy Reader, The
- (age?) H.L. Gold p201 - (Brat)
Flash art, Issues 125-130
- (age changes?) 1986, P328. Snippet: And in order for us to begin to live forever, and "de-age" . . . it is in my capability to age at will, we can age at will, make ourselves very...
Flora Best Harris, Mrs.
- (m/f AR) The Heathen Woman's Friend Volumes 10-11 - "The Little Old Woman", 1878.
She was there, however: no longer the "little, old woman," but a little, young baby. Baba had drunk and drunk of the youth-giving spring, till through her own folly she had become, instead of a bright young girl, a helpless baby, far worse off than if she were still an old woman - (Jeffr_2bya)
Four Stories from Tagore
- (male AR, male AP CB) Swapna Dutta book.
A father/son age swap TF story:
Subal sat outside and thought "If only I could be young again."
...when the sun rose he almost jumped out of bed and discovered he had grown quite small. The teeth he had lost were all back. His moustache and beard had vanished. The clothes he had been wearing were far too big for him now. His shirt sleeves were longer than his arms and almost touched the floor. The neckline reached down to his tummy. His dhoti swept the floor and he almost tumbled in it.
p19: Sushil woke up to find that his clothes were tight and bursting at the seams. His body had become strangely bloated. Nearly half his face had become covered with a salt and pepper beard and moustaches. There was no trace of the unruly hair that had covered his head. He was shocked to discover a gleaming, bald pate in its place.
...he felt no urge whatsoever to climb trees.
- (old aged) "Temporary Warp" 1937, Astounding Science Fiction. A couple at a restaurant stares googly-eyed at each other, whispering about their prospective marriage, when she suddenly ages to one hundred years in seconds.
- (FF, coming of age) "The Metamorphosis".
Gregor's sister, Grete, develops from a kindly caring person into one who is more self-preoccupied. By the end she physically metamorphosized into a young woman. Her breasts had budded and she begins to enter sexual maturity.
- (AR) 1988 "Once in a Lullaby" Woman regresses from her 70s to about 11. Quotes: "The dress she was wearing was beginning to bag in some places, stretch in others, as if trying to reshape itself to her changing frame." - "I have to change my clothes again." She giggled.
- (male rebirth) "My Life as a Born-Again Pig", 1987.
A very wealthy, slimy man's brain is salvaged and transplanted into a baby in his wife's womb so he has to start over.
- ("AR") "The Man Who Never Grew Young", Night's Black Agents, 1947 - link
Our narrator describes his life as a man who stays the same for millennia, even as others, one-by-one, are disinterred and slowly grow younger. "It is the same in all we do. Our houses grow new and we dismantle them ... Our clothes grow new and we put them off. And we grow new and forget and blindly seek a mother."
- (coming of age TF wish) "Space-Time For Springers", 1974.
A kitten expects that he will turn into a human when he grows up.
- (reverse aging theme) "The Man Who Never Grew Young", 1947.
Everyone except the immortal title character grows younger, and history itself runs backwards.
- (reverse life) "The Man Who Never Grew Young", Night's Black Agents, 1947.
Humans grow younger as their time on Earth grows longer, sloughing off responsibility and wisdom as they head toward the carefree years of youth and childhood.
- (male reverse lifespan) "Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Apt 3w", 2002.
Five stories set in one New York apartment building where young Davey watches his neighbours' lives unfold, inspired by classic tales by Kafka, Fitzgerald, Auden, Singer and Hawthorne.
- (FF) Vol37, 01, 1976.
Snippet: Their bodies were melting and altering almost while Bart watched, flesh inflating and stretching over elongating bones; boys' faces sprouting elementary whiskers while their voices deepened, girls' breasts growing, girls' legs curving and rounding to spell out disturbing...
- (time compression) "Forlesen", Orbit 14, anth 1974.
Metaphorical time distortion telescopes human life into a day or less.
Geoffrey A Landis
- (backwards life) "Jamais Vu", 3/1991, Interzone.
- (male AR) "Note on Danger B", 4/5/1947, Saturday Evening Post.
Air pilots flying at very high speed regress towards youth; one crashes as a boy of 9 or 10.
German fairy tale
- (female AR, mental AR) "Elixir of Youth".
Mysterious damsel concocted for herself the elixir of youth. Whenever she detected the least inroad of time upon her beauty, she had recourse to this liquid, and a few drops immediately repaired the damage. A handmaid who waited on her, at length discovered the secret of her perpetual freshness. She, too had a few years, or a few wrinkles, that she would gladly lay aside. One day, in the absence of her mistress, she stole into her chamber, and seized the precious liquid; but in her eagerness to be again restored to perfect youth, she took so large a draught that she found herself suddenly dwindled -- to a little child! She had drunk herself back to infancy, and stood there - (Jeffr_2bya)
- (kinda looks like APed) - "Goldilocks Rages Against The Fall" (SM) - fan art
- (growth acceleration) - Story trope. Young girls often have the magical ability to make organisms grow faster - fan art
gymnast progressions (trope)
- (dedicated AP CB slight pic edits, BEd)
growth spurt - growth spurt
- (AP CB, BE) Trope or theme also affects figure skaters and ballerinas.
Gymnasts sometimes grow so fast they have to learn how to balance all over again in their larger bodies. In at least 1 parody story they didn't immediately notice a sudden growth spurt during a competition.
- Dedicated extensions: stretch - stretch - stretch
- (male AR?) "Paradox of Order"?
Basis for 2005 movie "The Enfolding": Scientist husband is missing. He's been studying a mysterious meteorite. By the end of the story she is emotionally devastated and forced to face the truth - (Jeffr_2bya)
H. Beam Piper
- (male ARed) "Time and Time Again" 1947 story. Man nuked during the 1975 invasion awakes as 13 y.o. self. There is an explanation.
Adapted for radio program "Dimension X", 1951, and "X Minus One", 1956 - link ln - th
H. P. Lovecraft
- (male accelerated growth) "The Dunwich Horror", 1928 novella.
A male Creepy Child appears to grow supernaturally quickly. By age 12, he is approximately 7 feet tall, badly in need of a shave, with completely adult proportions. Of course, this is nothing compared to his brother.
H. P. Lovecraft
- (male accelerated growth) "The Dunwich Horror", 1928. Wilbur Whateley grew unnaturally quickly - he could speak like an adult and read books by the age of 1 year and 7 months, and was adult-sized by the age of 10.
H. P. Lovecraft
- (male adult rejuved) "The Mound", 1930, Zealia Bishop story. An elderly man goes to investigate a strange Indian mound. He returns the next week forty years younger, his feet gone, and insane, and dies shortly thereafter. Oddly, this inspires others to visit the mound - (D.B. Cooper)
- (male age stasis) 1977 "Jeffty is Five" The title character stays 5 years old. Donald had no idea that 22 years later, as an adult, he would still be tagging along with the unchanged Jeffty.
Not only that, but Jeffty is also an unconscious Reality Warper; he continually gets to see new movies starring actors who've been dead for years, new episodes of radio shows that have been off the air for decades, and read new issues of comics that don't exist anymore. This leads the narrating character, who's highly nostalgic for the Good Old Days, to spend a lot of time with him... until it all goes horribly awry.
Haunting Hour, The
- (AR) 2001. There is a short story in this book "The Halloween Dance", in which time is turned backward--and so is the aging of a character. (NoOneImportant)
- (adult rejuvenation, age stasis, TF) "The Dark Angel" 1946.
Psionic ex-wife makes herself younger to conceal her identity before finding mutant mate to take over the world.
- (male AR) "Brainchild", 1957, IF (SF Magazine). A man wakes up in the body of a child - link - (Jeffr_2bya)
Herbert D. Ward
- (adults rejuvenated, RN) The Century Magazine - "The Regression of Professor Slocum", 1905.
An elderly couple are made into young adults again then return to normal.
- (age transfer ability, OA) c.2007. Mostly text-based interactive adventure extension of the NBC Tv-series Heroes, with some illustrated and live-action content. iStory allows players to literally interact with and change the story.
- "The Agent": Former circus performer Leona Mills (Carri Wagner), the mother of Rachel Mills, can transfer age to and from a person or object.
Chapter 9: A shape like a rotting body, with eyes and mouth all caved-in, rises out of a coffin in the back tent of a circus. The body disappears back into the coffin. A voice is coming from the "thing", which sits up again now. Its hollow eyes glance at Anna, then it reaches out and grabs a chair. The chair begins to age, turning black and finally collapsing into dust. As this occurs, the corpse becomes a young woman.
Chapter 10: Some changes are noticed, including age-lines deepening in her face, making her suddenly appear to be middle-aged.
Chapter 12: She gives some of her youth to some rotting wood.
How Sam Grew
- male growth
I Love You, But ...: 40 Fights Between Husbands and Wives
- (male growth anomaly) Colm Liddy, 2010.
She had read of how the hypnotic trance held the human body in suspension ... When the hypnosis was broken...the boy's eyes opened... Then something truly grotesque began to happen. His boyish body, held in suspension so long, was instantly impelled to take on the proper form of a sixteen-year-old.
The boy's arms rose up under the pressure of... rapidly elongating bones. Under the blanket too, his legs began to stretch. Yet matter cannot be instantaneously created. The body was attempting to restructure along adolescent lines using the smaller amount of flesh and bone of a six-year-old. The result was that skin across his chest began to split and leak blood. Muscles ruptured everywhere, even as their ligaments were pulled past the breaking point. From the boy's cheeks poked through a fuzz of hairs, joining to form a beard, while the skin itself collapsed away beneath it...
The spindly right arm was outstretched ... the boy finally fell back onto the pillow.
I was a Billionaire Wereteen (age shifter series)
- (male adult rejuvenation) Scarlett Skyes , 2014. c30p.
38 y.o. billionaire Mitchell Landon gets a big surprise for his birthday. Seems his dad has left him a note. When he finds out he will become a teenager again during the full moon, he gets to have the time of his life - and any girl he wants. The great thing is that his 4 stepdaughters can never find him because he doesn't exist.
- I was a Billionaire Wereteen 1: Taking Lucy (age shifter)
- I was a Billionaire Wereteen 2: Taking Jennifer (age shifter)
J. G. Ballard
- (time-reversed life) "Time of Passage", 2/1964.
The logical conclusion is a return to the womb.
- (possible AR or rejuv) "True Fiction" book, 2007, five stories in Vol1.
The fountain of youth story. Decide which parts are true and which are fiction. See if you can figure it out!
- (male AR, unbirthing) "Mr F is Mr F" 1961 short story. Woman convinces man that she is having his baby. However, as he gets younger and younger he realizes that he IS the baby. He becomes so young that she has complete control and finally gives birth to him in reverse. After 9 months his friend is invited over, and they unconceive the child. It is revealed that she has done this over and over by the collection of wedding rings at the end. (Time)
James Tiptree Jr.
- (coming of age) "She Waits For All Men Born" 1974
She grows, though very slowly, into a graceful, beloved little girl.
And the child is not growing normally; year by year she does not mature. He becomes almost reassured, seeing that Snow is still a child, while the Netmaker's baby son is attaining manhood.
But slowly, imperceptibly, Snow's little body lengthens and rounds out, until when the ice melts one year he sees that small breasts have budded on her narrow ribs. The day before she had been still a child; today she is unmistakably a baby woman.
James Van Pelt
- (age stasis) "The Last of the O-Forms" 2002. Caprice might look 2 years old, but she's really 12, with the soul of a middle-aged tax attorney. She will never look any older, and pretends to be the last normal, non-mutant child. cover
- (male AR, old age) "Yo Baby!" 1999, fantasy.
In the book "Chicks 'N Chained Males", Esther Friesner.
- Warrioress Alzira and husband Velops are hit with a spell by his brother who wants to steal Velops' throne. The spell causes him to grow younger and her to grow older every day. In the end, the brother is turned into an infant by the sorceress who gave him the spell.
- (Dale Ribbons) ln - th
- (mind transfer) "Bang - Whos's Dead? Bang" short story in "Beware, Beware" A modern girl of 11 visits haunted house with her folks and ends up switching places with spirit of dead girl. The girl has her body and is quite happy to be alive, and modern girl is stuck haunting house in spirit body the ghost girl had.
Janelle McCarthy (?)
- (possible adult rejuv?) "Every girl needs a hat box" book? - "A Bit of a Youth Potion" story? How egnahb stumbled across a bit of her youth.
- (possible male AR?) Book: "The man who grew younger, and other stories" 1967 - (Jeffr_2bya)
- (adult rejuv wish) "Youth from Vienna", 1951.
Inspiration for "The Fountain of Youth" 1956 Welles Tv pilot.
Tales Of The Unexpected - 82 s06ep13 "Youth From Vienna" - link - (TBTC)
- (male TF) "Some Children Wander By Mistake", Nocturnes collection.
A child was permanently transformed into a monstrous clown, having been chosen as a fresh recruit by the other clowns several months before he was born. There was a short film adaptation.
- (rejuv? AR?) Finnegan's Parish & Other Stories (book), 2006.
What would you do if you stumbled upon the legendary fountain of youth but found - too late! - there was an unexpected side-effect? - (Anonymous)
- (growth TF) "The Interregnum in Fairyland". From the book "Miss Armstrong's and Other Circumstances", 1896.
7 year old girl breaks out of cage with rapid growth spurt. "The Interregnum in Fairyland" p.244
'Whoever you are, I've caught you nicely.'
Harolda was on the point of fainting with terror when she remembered her vial. She sniffed and took a drop of the Aroma of Life, and recovered her courage at once.
The extraordinary sense of expansion, both of body and mind, became so pleasant with the continuous smelling and tasting of the aroma, that at last, beside herself with delight, she drank off half the vial. Then a marvel took place, such as Harolda had never heard or read of: she began to grow, sensibly and visibly; all her limbs, her body, her neck, her head, shot up and filled out, like some flower an eastern enchanter causes to spring and blossom in a minute.
She had no growing pains, but it seemed as if her nerves and muscles twanged as they extended with her body, as the blood sang in all her veins. In a few minutes her head struck the roof of the cage. Faint and afraid, she bent herself at first, but after drinking the rest of the vial she stood erect again, happy and confident. Sure enough, her head burst through the iron bars of the cage; and, in a little while, as a butterfly breaks its chrysalis, she stepped out of it altogether - a wonderful creature, taller than women are, more wonderfully shaped, and much more beautiful to behold. Her dress also had changed, and she now wore purple robes of the finest texture, embroidered with gold; she had on golden sandals, and her belt and satchel had grown with her growth.
Declarabol shrieked, starting up, when he saw the cage in ruins.
He beheld Harolda standing majestic, beautiful, and fearless in the midst of the cave, threw up his hands, and fell to the floor a gibbering idiot. Harolda looked at him in disgust for a second or two; then she unbarred the door and went out into the forest. She wanted to shout, she wanted to laugh, she wanted to sing; but the spell was on her, and she could utter no sound of any kind.
- (TF ability glimpsed) "Except My Lifeģ" 1991.
15 year old girl with the face of an angel and a body that every man was hungry for has the ability to change her body at will. She can become man, woman or child, tall or short, fat or thin, anything she wants. She can stretch and shrink and bloat up and trim down. During a play she becomes little and frail, your kid sister, the girl next door, the beautiful princess from all the fairy tales you've ever heard. At the end of the play she was Fortinbras and looked about 6-foot-6 with shoulders that wouldn't go through a doorway head-on.
- (AR) "Beatnik Bayou", 1970s, Eight Worlds series.
Teachers are contracted for years of one-on-one teaching of children, with a twist - they regress to match the child's age and remain so for several years, growing with the pupil.
- link - HTML link - (Piper)
Journal of education
- (age change metaphor?) 1914. Snippet: Time is the great devourer... The Indian, however, knows much better than that. He can grow either older or younger at will, and the process is euphemistically known as the "correction" or "rectification" of age. But why, it may well be asked, does he want to do this, and how can he accomplish such an apparent...
Joyce Carol Oates
- (male adult age disguised) "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?", 1966.
Teen girl Connie meets the menacing Arnold Friend, who treats her as a little girl with a sort of fatherly tone. Maybe treating her like a little child is just a tactic to get her to trust him, because she is 15 and he is either 30 or ageless. The theory is that Arnold is the devil. He claims to be 18, but everything slowly becomes much older. He appears both old and young at the same time.
Joyce Carol Oates
- (UC) "The man that turned into a statue" 1966 short from "Upon the Sweeping Flood"
Quote: "The [13 y.o.] girl, who was really a child, had a sardonic dazed look that seemed frozen into her face; she wore an orange sweater with an orange cord that tied at her waist and white pedal pushers that were soiled. Each step she took drew wrinkles sharply across these pedal pushers. Her clothes were too tight for her, she had grown out of them in this past year, her body pushing up and out like a vegetable swelling patiently in the earth."
Joyce H. Chandle
- (male adult rejuv or AR) in "Short Stories, Poems and Quotes" book. Short story about some monks using a magic mirror to become younger.
- (Jeffr_2bya) ln - th
Jules de Grandin
- (old age, RN) "Clair de Lune", Weird Tales, 11/1947. Wold Newton Universe.
In 1867, it is noticed that actress Madelon Larose has suddenly grown 10 or 20 years older. She regains her youth after the death of her secretary and other luckless girls by stealing their life force.
- (UC scene) "A Family Affair"
"Dimple stood on the back porch beside her mistress' open window. She wore a calico dress so skimp and inadequate that her growing figure was bursting through the rents and apertures. She was constantly pinning it at the back of the waist with a bent safety-pin which was forever giving way. The task of pinning her dress and biting the old brass safety-pin into shape occupied a great deal of her time."
- (alien FF) "Unhuman Sacrifice" The preacher has not seen the real adults. The adult form is a non-intelligent creature resembling a sea anemone. The "torture" is intended to prevent the young from turning into the vegetative adult form.
- (age TFed) "Legions of Space".
Legion finds himself suspected of killing an amnesiac extraterrestrial pursued by dangerous aliens, who changes ages without warning - (Sylvia)
- (FF, TF, coming of age, possibility of UC/CB?)
No information could be found.
- A pair of alien shapechangers die in an accident, and their apparently human daughter is adopted and raised as a human in a complex adolescence. She doesn't know about her powers until her relatives return.
- Also a 1970 novel of the same title, and "Bettyann's Children", 1973.
L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future 13
- (AR to nothing) 1997. p45 "Recursion" by S. Seaport?
Alexander is able to reverse time for himself but he makes a mistake at the end and erases himself - (Brat)
L. Sprague de Camp
- (ARed theme) "Some Curious Effects of Time Travel".
1942, Probability Zero story, Astounding magazine.
A romp back in time by Drinkwhiskey Institute members to obtain saleable specimens of Pleistocene fauna. We learn that time travel has an effect on aging. A curious feature of time travel back from the present is that one gets younger and younger, becoming successively a youth, a child, an embryo and finally nothing at all.
- (age stasis)
- Glimpse scene. Space parents decided to keep their children as preteens into their 40s.
"Boys and girls together"
- Everyone can live forever if they physically stay children. If they decide to grow up and have children of their own, they will eventually die.
Leather worker's journal, The
- (male/female AR) Volume 16. United Leather Workers' International Magazine "Overdid It" 9/30/1909.
...No Kathleen did he see anywhere ... but the wail of a babe's weeping brought him through the dark to the spring, and sitting there on the grass was a little baby girl, crying as if her heart would break. "What's happened ye, acushia?" says Michael. "Don't ye know me?" says the child, wringing her hands. "Faith an' I do not," says Michael, "Who are ye?" "I'm yer wife," sobs the baby. "My wife!" cries Michael. "Yes," says the baby. "I'm afther drinkin' too much o' the wather." - (Jeffr_2bya)
- (male adult rejuvenation) Leatherneck Association magazine, 1961.
"...grow younger. When you shave it off you will grow older. Raise another beard and the years will again drop from your age."
Sam the Beard roared with raucous laughter.
Still, the idea of growing younger and older at will had a prankish appeal. Suppose the old crone was telling the truth: suppose the spell would work...
The more Sam The Beard thought about the operation, the more interested...
...gourd with a wary look, then took and lifted it to his lips. The first swallow shook him from his toes to his black beard.
Legend of Lollipop Blue, The
- (FF UCed) (See Hear Project) Lollipop sticks to her art. While the other kids went out to buy new clothes and hang out at the mall, Lollipop just kept wearing her old clothes. As she grew older, her long pants became hot pants and her tee-shirts became midriffs. But Lollipop was never cold. She had her dream of becoming an artiste to keep her warm.
- (kinda slight AP wish theme?)
"The Tale of How Another Girl Named Varinka Quickly Grew Up"
- 1857 unpublished sketch inspired by nieces and nephews going to the ballet?
- (male ARed TG) "The Third M" 1919. After an operation a man wakes as a baby girl.
- (slight male AR) "Aunt Jennie's Tonic", 1971.
Recipe book of murdered mystic includes potions to "make men into boys and boys into men." Subtle AR when the protagonist attempts to whip up a batch of the former - (TBTC)
- (AR) "Dwindling Death"
"High Adventure" magazine #80, originally in "Spicy Mysteries".
- Mad Armenian scientist developed serum that regresses victim by 7 years with each dose. He runs an orphanage to explain why he has so many children about, but suspicion arises because his assistants keep disappearing, and the children never seem to be the same as the ones he had a few months ago.
The serum seems to simply erase the last seven years - the victims don't even remember getting the injection. Dr. Karian uses hypnosis to addle the children and his assistants, as well as to induce past-life regression.
Dr. Karian's motivation for developing the serum is that he believes in reincarnation. His latest assistant is his true target, a girl he loved in a previous lifetime, but who spurned him then. By taking themselves "back through the gates of birth" at the same time using the serum, Dr. Karian believes they will reincarnate together and finally fulfill their destined love. It, uh, doesn't work out that way.
Notably, the story doesn't indicate whether the clothes shrink with the victim or not. Logically they wouldn't, but no mention is made of clothing being oversized, or the victims needing to change clothing, and when regressed past conception, there's "nothing" left at all.
- (SKJAM) ln - th
- (adult age stasis) "Perfect Predator", Amazon Kindle. Neither vampire nor zombie, Elizabeth has been around for a very long time... so long that her memory fails before she can recall a "beginning".
life in progress
- (FF stages) c2010 comic strip - age poses - (HapyCow)
- (old aged disguised, ARed to young adult) Medieval literary theme. Examples:
- Wife of Bath's Tale, The from The Canterbury Tales, Geoffrey Chaucer, 1395. A fairy tale hag wins the love of a handsome young knight, gains dominance over him in marriage, and through his love and submission, magically transforms herself into a young woman again.
The old woman and the knight converse in their marriage bed about the fact that he is unhappy because she is ugly and low-born. She says he can choose between her being ugly and faithful or beautiful and unfaithful. He gives the choice to her to become whatever would bring her the most honour and happiness; pleased with the "maistrie" of her husband that all women want, she becomes young, fair and faithful to live with him happily until the end of their days.
In other versions, she will be either ugly by day and beautiful by night, or the other way around. Variations are found in the romances "The Wedding of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnelle", and "The Marriage of Sir Gawain".
- Story of King Arthur and His Knights, The Howard Pyle version, 1903. Sir Gawaine said, "This is a shame for me to behave in this way; for since I have married that lady she is my true wedded wife." Gawaine then repairs to his wife's chamber, apologizing for his neglect. This is all the concession Gawaine needs to make. The Loathly Lady immediately changes into a beautiful fairy princess. "Because thou has taken me for thy wife with thine own free will and great courtesy," Gawaine's lady says, "so is part of that enchantment which lay upon me removed from me," asking him to decide which part of the day he would have her beautiful.
- The theme became a staple of Arthurian and Holy Grail literature: "Perceval", by Chretien de Troyes, 1190, "Parzival", by Wolfram von Eschenbach, 1220, and the Welsh Romance "Peredur son of Efrawg".
- In The Adventures of the Sons of Eochaid Mugmedon, Niall of the Nine Hostages proves himself to be the rightful High King of Ireland by embracing her. Similar stories are told about the earlier kings Lugaid Laigde and Conn of the Hundred Battles.
- Hrolfs saga kraka Old Norse, c. 1400. Helgi was visited by an ugly being in his hunting house. As the thing got into his bed, it turned into an elf clad in silk, the most beautiful female he had ever seen. A couple of days after the date had passed, he was visited by the woman carrying his daughter Skuld.
- (FF, coming of age) text
Macmillan Book of 366 Bedtime Stories, The
- (rejuv/AR?) Gianni Padoan "Fountain of Youth".
- (Jeffr_2bya) ln - th
Magician's Show Box and Other Stories, The (book)
- (f/m AR, f OA/age-up) Tappan, Andrew, 2009 collection.
...Then her old grandmother and grandfather implored her, with tears in their eyes, to wish they might be young again. Floribel thought that would be delightful, for then they could all go blackberrying together; so she said in commanding voice "I wish my grandmother and grandfather to be young again;" but she did not think to say how young, and the next moment was surprised to see two little babies, lying among the violets, kicking and crying with all their might...
- (Jeffr_2bya) ln - th
- (FF) "Pilot, Copilot, Writer".
From "The Miniature Wife and Other Stories", 2012.
- A hijacked airliner circles a city for 20 years.
...she was an older woman who became even older as the years passed by...and passed away in her sleep before I was ever able to apologize...the boy, now a young man, would certainly land the plane...
- (AA adult to older adult) "A Question of Magic"
Imrie is a Daleswoman who doesn't believe in magic. After all, have *you* ever seen an Old One, or met anybody who has? She is not fooled by illusions as she has no imagination. A blank shield travels with an Old One, and the Old One starts aging as they travel through the mountains - (Bookworm, 2BYA)
- (mental age acceleration) Peter Watts, Derryl Murphy, 2005. 4 year old girl's personality matured faster in cyberspace and doesn't want to return to her real body.
"You grew your own child in here, where everything's numbers."
"...you had to hobble her to fit into that place, or she'd grow up overnight and spoil the illusion."
"You had to keep the clock speed way down."
"...you should be allowed to develop at your own pace, not stunted to meet some idiotic parental expectation! They shouldn't force you to act like a four year old!"
"I really am four, which is just the age I'm supposed to be."
"I'm reverting. Isn't that it?"
"And that other me ... she's got a four year old brain, and four year old sensibilities, but she dreams..."
"And human children, eventually, age. They become adults, and then comes a day when they die. Jean would do all these things, faster than any."
meme of age
- (FF AA) years
- (male age stasis, male AB) "Is You Is/Is You Ain't?" 2004. Man stuck in a baby's body describes his problems. "I don't think the folks who come in to window-shop for orphans know I'm bio-engineered and not a real baby like the others warehoused here, row by row. They don't want a bio-freak becoming a tourist attraction in the ward. They'd chuck me out if they could, but it's state-run so they have to keep me. I'm on a waiting-list: re-engineering surgery for the destitute. Been on it fifteen years."
- (adult rejuv or AR?) "The Light in the Forest", 1995.
In "Tapestries", Kathy Ice. A woman finds a pillar that will make you younger - (Brat)
- (backwards life) "Foresight", Summer 1987, Interzone.
- (male AR) "A Red Heart and Blue Roses", 1961.
A friend of the family regresses; at the end it is inferred he would regress all the way back and become the baby of the mother - (Brat)
- (dedicated TG ARed eBook) - "The Samantha-Morphosis: He Became a Little Girl", 2016.
26,000+ words. Sam wakes to find himself transformed into a 5 y.o. girl with a face like an angel. As a busy sales executive, if Sam doesn't change back into a grown man soon, it will ruin everything! Somebody's dressing him in pretty little princess outfits, his kid sister is treating him like her kid sister, and he keeps calling his parents Mommy and Daddy! A surreal, dark, funny and sweet short novel of personal transformation.
- Purchase link - trailer link - (Filthymind)
- (dedicated TG male AR unbirthing novella) "The Unbirthing: An Age Regression Novella", 2015 Ebook.
Handsome, arrogant college guy Trevor longs to meet a sexy older woman, but Maggie isn't quite the cougar she appears to be. She lures Trevor into her bed and begins to transform his body, to become a baby girl and start life over in Maggie's swollen belly. The evil but irresistible Maggie slowly strips away Trevor's smug confidence and bulging muscles, leaving him small and helpless. He turns into a girl at age 5. The more Trevor struggles, the more Maggie loves it. Will Trevor give in to his desire and be trapped inside a gorgeous woman's womb? The author lingers on the evocative details of the process, making it frightening and powerfully seductive.
18,000+ words. Adult erotic horror with a streak of wicked dark comedy. Sexification/pregnancy process, mothering, rapid male personality shifts, vore.
- Purchase Link - Read more of Mindy Flyth's work (and sexy short films) at Mindiflyth.blogspot.com - (Filthymind, Authar)
- (AR) "A Leak In the Fountain of Youth" Astounding Stories ca. 1936. Man develops youth potion and has to use it on himself to avoid a murder investigation. His friend looks after him while he is a baby, but finally has to hire a middle aged nurse to help them. The police begin to suspect them of his disappearence. They have to reage him to normal, but have to get him away from the nurse first. In the process she is turned into a "coltish 21" party girl.
- (TG AR) 07-08/50 "Be Young Again" in "Future SF stories" Man takes AR formula to escape the police, but instead of just turning him into a young man it turns him into a beautiful young woman. This is because the other man makes a mistake in the formula. She/he is in a great hurry at first to change back, but after she starts getting very expensive presents from men is in no hurry to change back. (Time)
My Next Life
- (time inversion beyond birth) Woody Allen - reversed lifespan
My Wife Turned Me into a Little Girl
- (dedicated male AR TG stories) "7 Stories of Transgender Age Regression", Susan Donym, 2015 ebook.
7 mature twisted tales, with the changes ranging in age from 16 years old all the way down to a baby still in the womb. Age regression, transgender, unbirth, babyfication, infantilization, turned into a little girl.
- For many men, few things are as terrifying as the idea of being transformed into a little girl. To be so small, helpless and delicate, forced to rely on grown ups to care for you, your adulthood and masculinity stripped away forever...
We watch as grown men suffer the supreme act of emasculation, shrinking down and becoming cute, precious girl children. Some of these men find themselves trapped in high school again, while others become sweet-faced toddlers or baby girls. One unlucky man finds himself regressed all the way back to the womb, forced to start life over as his wife's daughter. And their changes aren't just physical. As these men regress and feminize, they find themselves craving the embrace of their mommies, loving the taste of the formula in their bottles, even feeling strange new feelings for that cute guy on the high school volleyball team. You'll be there as these men become girls in body and soul.
- "Princess" - A man was turned into a little girl by his wife. About his frustrations as she treats him like a kid and prepares for her date with a new guy.
- "The Eternal Mother" - A guy goes out with a girl into new-age magic. When she suggests doing a little ritual to bring out his inner child, he doesn't take it seriously and lives to regret it!
- "Loud and Clear" - An unbirthing story. A woman performed a spell to transform her husband into a baby in her womb - plus some sexy lesbianism going on.
- "Lucky Star" - "Small Parts"? A vain actor undergoes a procedure to make him 21 again. Things don't go quite as he planned!
- "Freaky Freida" - The sexiest story? A man changed into a high school girl finds himself attracted to the school bully, struggling to resist the powerful cravings of his teen girl body.
- "A Fussy Baby" - A fun one about a guy who starts dating a girl with an infantilization fetish. He's learning to enjoy being babied... but he never imagined it could happen for real!
- "Back to School" - College student performs a spell to get revenge on one of his teachers, only to see it backfire.
Not to be confused with an ebook by Mindy Flith. Specific story: "My Wife Changed Me into a Little Girl" by Jenn Drake. It's not nearly as dark as my stories usually are!
- Purchase Link
Mystery Within Us, The
- (male slow AR) #1, colored (black people) magazine, 1900.
"The Doctor's Great Discovery" - The doctor finds the elixir of youth and becomes young again. When his friend visits him three years later, the wife of the doctor leads him to a nursery, then shows him the now infant doctor. The elixir has turned him into a baby - (Jeffr_2bya)
- (age stasis) "Fountains of Age" 2007 novella.
"Daria had looked still eighteen to me because her body was still eighteen. It might be eighteen forever. The fountain of youth, phoenix from the ashes, we are become as gods, blah blah blah.
What D-treatment could do was "freeze" you at whatever age you had the operation done. Peter Cleary, among the first to be treated after FDA approval (the fastest FDA approval in history - mine wasn't the only soul for sale) would stay fifty-four years old forever.
Supermodel Kezia Dostie would stay nineteen. Singer Mbamba would stay thirty. [also children with terminal diseases}
First came Hollywood, then society, then politicians, and then everybody with enough money, which wasn't too many people because after all you don't want hoi polloi permanently cluttering up the planet. When King James III of England was D-treated, the whole thing had arrived. Respectable as organ transplants, safe as a haircut."
"Each one died exactly twenty years after receiving D-treatment. Freeze yourself at one age for twenty years and then zap! you're dead. All right, so maybe it made sense for the old who didn't want more deterioration, the dying who weren't in too much pain. Although you couldn't be too far gone or you wouldn't have strength enough to stand the surgery that would save you. But younger people took D-treatments, too. Men and women who wanted to stay beautiful and didn't mind paying for that with their lives. Even some very young athletes who, I guess, couldn't imagine life without slamming at a ball. Dancers. Holo stars. Crazy."
- (adults rejuvenated) "Dr. Heidegger's Experiment" 1837.
Four elderly friends drink water from the fountain of youth. Their adult youth restored, they act as fatuously as in their prime. The three men compete for the attentions of the now-youthful and beautiful widow. A tall ominous mirror reflects an image of the four guests as still being elderly and feeble. The miraculous water is accidentally lost when they fight over her. The guests' transformation only lasts for minutes, and therefore returns them to their original old age.
- (TBTC) ln - th
- (male AR) 1980s "They Do Things Differently There"
A man wakes up to find himself 10 years old again, and back in the 1950s...although he can still get a hard on, despite his age.
Nelson S. Bond
- (male AR) "The Fountain", 6/1941, novella in "Unknown".
Another pulp story with mental and physical rejuvenation. Old man drinks from fountain and gradually ages backwards. He eventually turns into a newborn and gets absorbed by the fountain.
- link - (Time2, Entropic)
New Bones: Contemporary Black Writers in America
- (UC) Quashie, Lausch, Miller, 2001.
While she herself kept busting out of her clothes, straining against the good thread, outdistancing the hefty hems. Growing so fast from babe to child to girl to someone, folks were always introducing and reintroducing themselves...
New Yorker, The
- (possible AR?) Vol80, 11-19, 2004.
My friend doesn't know me, and I am an infant again, flailing in the night and yelling to be picked up and held and... troubled in her seventies...
Norman W. Mcguire
- (OA glimpse) "Recipes and Short Stories for the Single Man".
...When he turned her around he got a shock. Instead of a young lady he saw ... a change that was coming over her. Her hair began to turn white and wrinkles appeared on her face. She began to stoop over, and her voice had changed to a coarse whisper. Her clothes ... began to fade and hung on her like rags. She took a last breath...
- (flash forward) link
- (flash forward) SALEM, OR-Kimberly Jones, 43, vividly remembers the bygone days when she took umbrage at being pursued by aggressive suitors, sources reported Monday. "I was quite the looker back in college-I couldn't even go out for a few drinks with my girlfriends without some guy macking on me," Jones said from the kitchen of her one-bedroom apartment. "That used to really piss me off for some reason I can no longer even begin to fathom. Maybe my memory is starting to go." Jones then gazed longingly into her cup of tea.
- (OA FFed) aged
Other Side of Tomorrow, The (book)
- (AR, rejuv, OA?) Roger Elwood, 1973, p.100.
SF stories geared for young adults - (Brat)
Other Worlds: the fantasy genre (book)
- (male AR) John H. Timmerman, 2007.
"Lord Foul cringed at the sound. He strove to sustain his defiance but could not. With a cry of mingled pain and fury, he covered his face and began to change. The years melted off his frame. His hair darkened, beard grew stiffer; with astonishing speed, he was becoming younger. And at the same time he lost solidity, stature. His body shrank and faded with every undone age. Soon he was a youth again, barely visible. Still the change did not stop. From a youth he became a child, growing steadily younger as he vanished. For an instant, he was a loud infant squalling his ancient frustration. Then he disappeared altogether."